If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Request Appointment


Have you lost a pet, or perhaps found one?  This page is designed to give you the resources you need to get them back to where they belong, or get you reunited with your pet.  

Your pet is lost:

If a pet is lost, it may be picked up by someone who's trying to help.  anyone who has found a pet is to bring him or her into the pound.  The Cities Winkler, Morden, and the RM of Stanley have a pound for lost animals located at the Morden Veterinary Clinic.  During regular business hours, please call the Morden Veterinary Clinic and we can let you know if there is a pet in our pound that matches the description of your pet.  If we do not have your pet please leave your information with us that way we can call you if they are brought in at a later time.  The other source to check is the Pembina Valley Humane Society, they are unable to take in strays but often have a list of lost or found pets as well. 

You've found a pet:

Always use caution when approaching animals that are not your own.  If you are unable to catch or handle the animal please call animal control to assist.  You can call either the City of Morden or City of Winkler offices to contact them.

City of Morden - By-law officer/animal control - Rick Paracholski   204-822-5431

City of Winkler - Animal Control - Wes Hiebert - 204-325-0829

The first thing to do is to check if the pet has any identification.  This may be a tattoo in the ear or flank or a tag on the collar.  Occasionally the owner information will be on the tag, allowing you to contact the owner.  If they have a Rabies tag, please phone the Veterinary Clinic on the tag.  They are able to trace them by the number engraved, if you call the office during business hours, we can track the owner and help reunite the pet with their owner.  If there is no identification, please contact the respective City office, Rm office or Veterinary clinic so that arrangements can be made for the animal to be taken to the pound, where he will be safe until his/her owner comes to reclaim them.  Again, this is best done during office hours. 


Losing your pet is something that we all hope never happens, but accidents do happen.  Here are some tips to ensure that your pet is returned to you quickly and safely.

  • When pets are spayed/neutered clinics always give the option of a tattoo.  This is a permanent form of identification that is put in their right ear and the number is specific for your pet and your information.
  • A microchip is something that animals have the option to receive anytime that is recognized North America wide.
  • Make sure they are wearing their collar (bright or reflective for at night) with a tag.  Rabies tags have a number that is specific to your pet and PVHS as well as most pet stores will make you a custom tag with your name and phone number.
  • Have a current picture, there are many dogs that look similar but having a picture we can pick out distinct markings.
  • Both cities Morden and Winkler require dog licensing, for more information please contact your city office.
Go to top of page